Thursday, February 27, 2014


Perfusionist


Duties and Responsibilities:
Perfusionists operate circulation equipment in medical situations. They will artificially replace a patient’s circulatory or respiratory functions. They usually work during heart surgery, and similar operations where the patient may be having trouble controlling his or her breathing. With their job, they also have to operate a heart-lung machine, administering types of anesthesia, and also some types of medication.

Average Salary:
$50,000

Educational Requirements:
If you wish to become a perfusionist, you will  need a high school diploma, but also you will need a background in biology and chemistry just to become accepted into a training program. These training programs are given at academic health centers, medical schools, and universities.

Reflection: Do you think you would like to become one? Why? Why not?
No, I would not like to become a perfusionist. I say no towards this career because I prefer a more active job, and I wouldn’t do a very good job at this either. I would be scared, knowing that I am ion charge of someone’s life when they need me.

No comments:

Post a Comment